There is no one right way, but there are better
- Name, address, phone numbers (home, work, cell,
and pager if possible), email and any relevant designations (i.e. CFP, ChFC)
all preferably in BOLD.
- Avoid small and/or wide fonts. 12 is a
minimum for faxing and scanning clarity and Arial and Times New Roman are
the easiest to read.
- Dates are a must! Years of employment at
as a minimum, preferably month and year for accuracy reasons.
- For the two most recent positions, 3-5 bullets
highlighting accomplishments or experiences. For earlier employment,
unless very relevant, 1-2 bullets is sufficient. No need to go back
farther than 4 jobs or 15 years, whichever is more.
- Include all licensing information.
- Include a cover letter with the following:
recent or required compensation; relocation preferences and production
numbers if applicable.
Getting your resume to us:
The preferred method would be to email it to
us. However, you can fax it if that is better for you. The only
requirements we have for email is that it be in one of the following formats:
.doc, .rtf, .tif. Basically, if you are going to email us your resume, it
should be a Microsoft Word document. You can also mail us a copy if you
prefer, our address is on our home page.